Living Well With Julius
Tired of living with a chronic disease? Want to learn how to treat the illness and not just the symptoms?
Find out how Functional Medicine can help.
Functional medicine treats the whole body, not just the symptoms that you are experiencing. Julius and his team of providers want to find out the underlying problem or cause of your disease so that we can help treat you as an individual. Treating our patients as individuals instead of grouping them together with a “disease” label allows us to get to the root of your illness.
Want A Provider to Listen AND Hear What You Are Saying?
This is the first step in functional medicine. Our providers want to understand how your symptoms make you feel and how it impacts your daily life. We also want to learn about your medical history to help us connect the dots as when we dive down to investigating what the root causes of your conditions are.
Without this knowledge, we cannot get to the underlying cause of your illness. Some underlying causes of illnesses are:
- poor nutrition
- microbiome dysbiosis (live bacteria in and on your body)
What Happens After Our Providers Listen to You?
To help our providers determine the underlying cause of your condition we may need to order specialized lab tests. We then tailor a healthy lifestyle change and treatment plan specific to your needs. This plan will cover most areas of your life to create a healthier you. You will receive guidance on nutritional and diet programs, exercise, emotion and stress support, sleep, and environmental stressors. You will receive guidance on nutrition, exercise, emotions, stress, sleep, environmental stressors, professional-grade supplements, and when appropriate prescription medications.
What Conditions Can Be Treated With Functional Medicine?
Not only can diseases and disorders be treated with Functional Medicine, but some can be prevented and others completely eliminated. This type of therapy can help prevent diseases like diabetes and cancer. It can also reverse diseases like metabolic syndrome and diabetes. Below is a small list of diseases and disorders that Functional Medicine can treat.
- Adrenal Disorders
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Digestive Disorders
- Food Allergies and Sensitivities
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Thyroid Disorders
- And Many More
Why Choose Towne Lake Family Pharmacy’s Functional Medicine Provider?
Our provider is a firm believer in this program. Why? Because he was a patient himself and had tremendous success! His approach to this type of therapy is one of understanding and knowledge. So why should you let him help you?
- Extensive Medical and Lifestyle History: Before your very first appointment, you will fill out questionnaires about your medical history, lifestyle, and surrounding environment. This will help determine some underlying causes of illnesses.
- Extensive Medical Testing: After your initial appointment to review your history, specialized medical testing will be ordered to help determine more underlying causes of illnesses.
- Online Appointments: You can chat with your provider online, schedule a phone call or a video appointment.
- Expert Health Cheerleader: Since your provider has been through this process himself, he can provide you with the encouragement you need to keep going and not give up on your health.
What Is the Next Step to Becoming a Healthier You?
Many do not know how to prevent diseases or to get help for chronic health problems that they have. But you can end spinning your wheels looking for health solutions, and we would love to show you how. Ready to give Functional Medicine a try and change your overall wellness for the better? Then it is time to contact our Functional Medicine provider at Town Lake Family Pharmacy.